Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Okay, I just can't resist commenting on this one. Trump's Most Excellent World's Finest Super Premium Cadillac of Vodkas? I can't comment on the quality of his vodka - not having tasted it, for one, but also because I think I'm a poor judge of which brand of the tasteless, odorless liquor is best - I'm sure it's sans pareil, but I think his use of superlatives a little excessive.

Many will be quick to point out that the guy is a teetotaler and question the wisdom of this particular brand extension. I would, instead, like to draw everybody's attention to the fact that this man has gone on record supporting the civil cases against tobacco companies and urged lawyers to sue liquor companies as well.

TRUMP: No, no, no. They're taxed. I'd like to see them sued. You know what I don't -- I hope a lot of lawyers are watching tonight. Why is it that everybody is suing the tobacco companies and nobody sues the alcohol companies. I mean, you have the car crashes and the kids that get killed by some drunk that's, you know, riding on the road. It's just terrible. So, I would like to see something happen with alcohol.